Labels

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Mistakes Are Being Made



by anyone looking for a spectacular trail horse who has not yet contacted the Corolla Wild Horse Fund adopt this spectacular young Corolla gelding.

Creed has come to us for us to complete his training. We have been putting a lot of miles on him in the woods. I am impressed by his temperment--typical Corolla, calm, responsive, affectionate. I expected him to be athletic, but this morning he showed me more than I dreamed of.

Heavy rain last night--path soft and spongy. I rode Ta Sunka. Terry rode Creed. After a couple of miles Terry put Creed in front. Ta Sunka had to canter harder than usual to keep up with Creed's trot. Finally Ta Sunka started falling behind. Neither horse was going especially fast, but both had been going at that speed for several miles in soft, wet sand.

Please understand that Creed has done a lot of woods miles but is certainly not at Ta Sunka's level of fitness, yet he still pulled away from us.

The most important thing is that he remained entirely under Terry's control and sped up and slowed down as she asked.

I have to admit that I was not overly impressed with this horse when I first met him. He is bigger than I like, perhaps as tall as 14 hands. At first he did not look like there was a hard body hiding within him.

There is. Rock hard.

He can be registered with the HOA and with the American Indian Horse Registry as an 'o" (original). Were he a stallion I would have adopted him a long time ago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is always eager to see you too, he likes his scratching, and is pretty affectionate to begin with.

He usually approaches me first when I enter the pasture.

He accepts bareback riding pretty well, he is not overly sensitve to being grabbed around the middle with your legs, although, I would not claim him to be bareback trained. -Lloyd