Labels

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Cause To Smile



The message block on face book  brings me the good and the bad. Recently it has brought news of the revival of horse slaughter, and the difficulties facing the flag ship mustang preservation ranch in America.  But it also brought me a wonderful note out of the blue from one of my favorite mustang trainers,  Brooke Sims. She is doing a great job with her horse Sidney, who is a budding soccer star. Those two will be carrying the flag at the grand entry during the HOA/AIHR National Show.

It is easy to be pessimistic about the future of mustang preservation. Getting a note from Brooke and watching some of my dedicated riders is cause for hope---

And a good cause for a smile.

(For anyone concerned that Sidney might look too young for a rider, don't worry. Some mustang strains tend to look much younger than they are. I have a mare entering her fourth year that people with no mustang experience often think looks like a yearling.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Makes me smile