Labels

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Respite

Wake up--over slept but not slept enough--stomach burning-alkaseltzer not working-appointments, cases, truck repairs--more appointments--more things to do--any red maple fall?--go vote--primary today--late into office--go pick up medicine--need hog feed--paperwork-paperwork--pain, sore back, stiff muscles---head ache, head ache, head ache--phone calls--eat lunch stomach still burning--check on horses at Chucks

And then...Ghost Dance, the first wild horse that loved me, came over. I made a fist, like Sara Lin is doing in the picture above. I rubbed her hard. She stood relaxed and happy. She put her face on mine. I left--she followed. I stopped and she stood with me more, maybe fifteen minutes. There was a time when me, Nick, Comet and her ended nearly every day doing this. It is why Comet never killed me.

Head ache gone-stomach fine, no pain, muscles not sore.

It is the most peculiar of ironies that the greatest problem in my life is that I do not spend enough time with my horses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Folks who are looking for unicorns are looking too hard....The magic is right here in front of us, silently, eloquently asking each of us to join, the real trick is to get folks to slow down and listen, heart and soul to what the horses say...Oh, I > WISH < that I had found them before my first four decades were over. Despair not, gentle folks! You too can find that peace...but you have to go let the horse ask you to.