Labels

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Previews of Coming Attractions




Spring done sprung. On Mother's Day Weekend Bonnie Gruenberg, author of "Hoof Prints in the Sand," the best book that I have ever read on the wild horses of the east coast, will be spending the weekend taking pictures, lecturing and riding with my little riders. She will likely have her first night ride on a wild Corolla.

In a few more weeks our friends from Boys Home will be coming down to pick up their Corolla colt and maybe a filly or two for their riding program. This is an important step for the Corolla off site breeding program.

The following weekend a film crew from the TV show "Wild Animal Lovers" will be out to film an episode on our Corolla preservation efforts. The next Saturday after that we begin our series of open house sessions in which the public is invited in to watch my little riders train wild horses and colts.

June 16 I will be speaking at the commemoration of St Luke's Church, the oldest standing Protestant church in America, on transportation in the early colonial years. I have previously taken a Colonial Spanish goat to a Methodist church. In the spirit of ecumenism, this will will be the first time that I have taken a Colonial Spanish Mustang to an Anglican church. July 21 we will be visited by a group from the national Gwaltney Family reunion.

In the meantime we will work on the Gwaltney Frontier Farm and I will take my thumb out of the eye of the established horse world long enough to play some music.

No comments: