Labels

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

As Porky The Pig So Often Said




..that's all folks. Over the last month this blog had over 2,800 page views. I started writing this because I had things to say. I have said them. This is the final post for this blog.

A writer once told me that she was told that her writing needed to be "edgy" if she was to write for today's kids. She was not edgy and would not pretend to be. Perhaps my views have come to contain too little zip-a-de-do-da.

Facebook makes blogs like this one obsolete. If I have anything worth announcing I can put it on Facebook. I appreciate all of the nice comments expressed over the life of this blog. Such things are very meaningful.

As it was so well put in that timeless work of literature, 'The Big Red Dog', "Good-bye!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We Barrs will miss this blog. Several of us take great pleasure in checking it regularly. Facebook is too "sound-bite-ish." We will miss the photos and your interesting thoughts and ideas.

Shelley Duguid Spears said...

Oh! Say it isn't so! It is the first thing I read every morning. We love your blog. I will truly miss it. Perhaps this is only a hiatus?

DianneW said...

I, too, will miss this blog. I doubt that I am the only 'non-kid' who reads it. We don't need "edgy", just thoughtful and informative. I find it a little difficult to believe that you suddenly will have nothing more to say for the rest of your life.

Facebook does NOT make blogs like this obsolete. This is a public blog - anyone can read it. Only Facebook members can read Facebook. I am sure you are aware that there are more than a few of us who consider Facebook too much of a privacy and security risk to join.

KC Rodebush said...

That's too bad, I'll miss reading this.