Labels

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Swimming Upstream




Last Sunday, at my niece's birthday party, I got in a swimming pool. It was wonderful.

The water was cool and the buoyancy made all movement painless. It caused me to think over my recent experience in swimming pools. I realized that I had no such recent experiences. I could only think of four times in the last decade that I have been in a swimming pool. Last week I looked in my back yard. Even by my standards it was a mess. It caused me to realize that since I stopped storing hay in the shelter in the back yard I no longer put a foot in the back yard.

There was a time when I read up to three books each week and played some instrument for a half hour or forty five minutes daily. Now I run through the songs a few times before we go on stage and often do not touch an instrument again for weeks.

When it is all over I hope that it will have been worth it. Jury is still out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The more things we spend time doing the less time we have to do the things we meant to do.