Labels

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

How Long? Tell Me How Long, Baby How Long?




Three mares in the off site breeding program will be due to have little ones on May 10, which means that I have been fully expecting them every morning for the past 10 days. I am not a patient man on such things. In fact, I am not a patient man in many regards. This is well known to everyone in my family as was driven home the last time we all ate out in a restaurant. I ordered something addition to the regular entree. (Don't remember what it was).

The waiter asked me if I wanted it brought out "now or later with the meal." My expression betrayed what a stupid question I thought that was. As Amanda said, "My Daddy always wants all of his food brought out now."

I try to make every experience a learning experience and to date I have learned that cussing and kicking piles of manure is an ineffective means of hastening labor.

3 comments:

virginagirl said...

I have heard walking can induce labor. It might be worth a try!

Browder's Fresh Pickins said...

Gotta have that guacamole...NOW :)

~Amanda

DianneW said...

I hate to break this to you, but sometimes mares go PAST their due date. (Take three deep, slow breaths)