Labels

Friday, January 14, 2011

Supper Will Be Ready Soon





I know that I have not written anything big lately. Been busy--been sick--been tired etc. However, there are some neat things that will be coming along soon. Rainbow's End Farm is a great Colonial Spanish Horse farm here in southeastern Virginia and will soon be featured in a special post. There will also be one coming up about an imperfect colt that is getting along perfectly despite its "disability".

Tomorrow morning I will be meeting with my riders and their parents to explain that we are going to continue to provide everything that we do now and begin expansion into an entirely new field of equine/agricultural/historical education. (Bad sign--My knees started hurting as I just typed that sentence)

More about our time-travel plans later. In the mean time, enjoy these pictures of what is perhaps the most beautiful billy goat to have ever ridden from northern Virginia to Smithfield on the back seat of my Durango. The Durango was rather full with the baby strapped into her seat, accompanied by Lydia (the person), Lydia (the dog), Emily driving, as I rested comfortably on the front passenger seat while keeping a constant eye out for any Dairy Queens that might be along our route.

He is a San Clemente Island goat, of Spanish Colonial descent. I do not allow others to name my animals because proper animal naming is a gift given to so few people. However, I did allow my grand daughter to name my super rare Spanish Colonial goat. He would have been named Eisenhower, for obvious reasons. I have never seen a goat that looked as determined to invade Normandy as does he. However, the baby chose to name him Spicer. When I asked her, why Spicer?, she looked at me as if it was so obvious that I should not have even considered asking. Recognizing the spark of a true gift in her I allowed her to name him Spicer in what I hope will be a long life of animal naming. (Note to all of you who are not married: never marry a person who would name a brown dog "Brownie." Doing so will consign you to a life of stifling boredom, conformity, and worst of all, predictability.)

Bottom line is, do not loose your patience with me yet. Over the next few weeks I expect to write a few things that are worth the effort of reading.

2 comments:

Shelley Duguid Spears said...

Very funny. We are all on the floor laughing and feeling the need to step up our animal naming efforts.

DianneW said...

I’m expecting you to write some things that are worth the effort of reading, as well.

“He would have been named Eisenhower, for obvious reasons. I have never seen a goat that looked as determined to invade Normandy as does he.”
Yet you thought is was a GOOD idea to bring him to Miss Swamp Indian Farm, which is much smaller than Normandy. I don’t suppose he will be boring or predictable. {Insert smiley of person sitting back with box of popcorn.} I hope there is an Edna in the works (that’s Mrs. Spicer).

P. S. Did you get though all 25 of the 25th anniversary Blizzards last year?