Labels

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Why Ride Alone?




Especially if you have a brindle treeing hound cross to trot along the swamp trails with you? These two are both named Lydia. Lydia dog was so named because,like Lydia girl, she has never whined, complained, or done anything to give me indigestion.

Lydia dog is still a puppy but yesterday she went on her first trail ride. She loved it. She is going to be a very large dog. She sleeps with her head on my arm and is in the house with me now,along with my wife's three small dogs. I am looking out of the window at one of the biggest snow storms in my adult life.

We are calmly waiting for the electricity and heat to go of. At such time four dogs and I will share several layers of quilts and blankets and will be warm enough until the power comes back on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Four dog night? Looking forward to seeing how much Puddle'a has grown when I get back. :)

Unknown said...

3 do0g night plus one. some 3 dog night on a windup radio would seem to suit the theme...