Labels

Thursday, November 25, 2010

There is More to Saving these Horses Than Just Hoping




Ten years ago I would have never guessed that one of the most imporantt things in my life would be preserving the wild Spanish mustangs of Corolla. At that time, I did not even realize that they were endangered, much less teetering on the brink of extinction. I had no idea how easy they are to train, how smooth their gaits are, how friendly and affectionate they can become, how strong they are, and, most of all, how much endurance they have.

Working for these horses has taken me into many areas that I never could have imagined, like this blog and spear heading the off site breeding program.

Now I am really breaking new ground.


We are in the middle of a documentary that we are producing on the effort to preserve the Corollas as a viable domesticated breed as a safety net, not as a replacement for life in the wild. Joe Davenport and Mark Stevenson have put together some remarkable video and now we are moving onto narration and use of still shots.

I do hope that going Hollywood does not spoil my simple, virtuous inner being.

1 comment:

DianneW said...

Well, if it will help preserve the Banker ponies, we may just have to sacrifice your simple, virtuous inner being. ;-) Kudos to all of those working on the documentary.