Labels

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Medicine Dog

I never intended to sell any of the trail horses that I have personally trained and put many hours on in the woods. I expected Medicine Dog, Comet and Star Dust to out live me in the horse lot, but in order to maintain a viable riding and training program and, most importantly, to be able to allow the off site Corolla Breeding Program to reach its full potential, some hard decisions have had to be made.

Medicine Dog is one of the best trail horses that we have. She is taller than I like, over 14.2 hands, but she is sweet, gentle and affectionate with a shuffling gait that I find as comfortable as the canter on most modern horses. She lopes beautifully and plows through brush, over fallen trees and through water with ease. She has completed a fifty mile ride in one day and has been on several other long rides.

She is a BLM mare with full Appaloosa traits. A rare color and a riding horse of rare quality. Her sales price is $1,800.00

No comments: