Labels

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

No Rodeos

 


We are not looking for a fight. Our training methods are designed to allow us to start colts and wild horses without injury to the horse or the rider.

This is Danielle. Last night she mounted this little USERL mustang filly for the first time. No bucks, no kicks, no errors. After about three more hours of work this horse will be ready to join us on her first ride in the woods. Since this filly has been at my place Danielle has been completely responsible training this horse.

Could there ever be a stronger argument for attracting new riders into natural horsemanship? Not only is she a mustang, she is a USERL filly. (This is not something that would be called "the perfect kids'horse") The horse is not bomb proof. However, Danielle is bomb proof and that is much more important. She has studied. She has worked. She has learned.

She has achieved. And this morning I am very proud of Danielle.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

virginagirl said...

Danielle,
I just wanted to say that I am so pleased that things have been going so well with you and this horse. It has been good to see you working with her, and I'm looking forward to watching good things continue to happen with you two.
love,
Emily

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I missed last Friday's training! Your horse looks great, Danielle. -- Liz