Labels

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Down But Not Quite Out

Lately I have been sore, sick, injured, exhausted, old, but mostly asleep. The paradox is that if I get enough sleep to function first rate, I do not have enough time to get everything done, even when the things that I do are done second rate. Lately I have found myself sleeping until 4 or 5 nearly every morning.
That does not leave enough time to write, feed up, exercise and ride in the morning and certainly leaves no time to train colts.
I am making some significant lifestyle changes that I hope will get my body back in gear. I am riding hard again. Hitting Atkins diet, kettle ball work out, barefoot running and a lot of core muscle exercises, which if coupled with waking up as early as I have been for the last twenty years will get me back up to par. I hope.

1 comment:

Mark L. Stevenson said...

I like to sleep too, but there's always stuff to do.

I've found that exercising at least twice a week really helps me out. I exercise on Saturday mornings for almost two hours and generally one other morning for at least an hour.

I'm still young so I need at least 6 hours of sleep to get by, but I like to have 8 hours of sleep with 6 being the exception once or so a week.

I'm with you on your journey to remain healthy, get enough sleep, yet still accomplish many things