Labels

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Another Reason to Change



I have encouraged conventional riding programs to take a look at our program and see if there are elements in it that could be incorporated to put some of the fun back in riding and to give people the opportunity to really understand horses.

Lydia recently made me a loaf of crackling bread. Now, how many of you instructors in the normal "ride around the ring in a circle" programs have ever had a student make you a loaf of crackling bread? Crackling bread is the strongest evidence of a program with happy students.

2 comments:

virginagirl said...

Hmmm. I'm sensing that you might be trying to passively motivate a certian girl to use up the other half of a certian package of pig fat in a productive way...
--Emily

Priscilla said...

Em and Lydia,
Is that some kind of inside joke that I'm kinda weird for not getting? I don't get the inside jokes around here... ;

-Priscilla and Cricket

PS. Mr Edwards, I know I'm not there and I'm not really a student, but I am a VERY happy rider (even though I don't like making bread).