Labels

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Beating Your Head Against the Wall and Knocking That Wall Down



I have spent my adult life being involved in various non profit organizations. I have never met a non profit director who is as smart, dedicated, and most importantly, tough as Karen McCalpin. Karen is the Executive Director of the the Corolla Wild Horse Fund.

Last Friday a visitor to our horse lots asked me if I thought that it was possible to save the Corollas. I answered yes without hesitation. Fifty years from now when people see the wild horses of Corolla on the beach at Corova they will owe thanks to a lot of people. Fore most among those owed thanks will be Karen.

(Here is a picture of Karen, Kay Kerr and some of Kay's art students presenting some of their work to the CWF.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH Karen!!!
Thanks for all that you do!
Sincerely,
Lisa, Jacob and Jordan

Karen McCalpin said...

Thank you Steve. I value your opinion. However, you are cut from the same cloth. Persistent, smart, determined, stubborn in a good way,and passionate. YOU have done so much to promote the VALUE of these incredible horses. That has been the missing link. Right back at you! Thanks for all that you have done and continue to do support our efforts to keep these horses wild, free, healthy and strong for future generations. and thanks to all the volunteers who have come before me and those who join us now, in the fight to save the wild horses of Corolla.