Labels

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Friends



One of my new riders has volunteered to set up a Face Book page for me. I do not understand Face Book but I appreciate the work that has gone into getting the page up and I am gratified by the response that the page has received.

However, I do not like the way that the program cheapens the English language by calling everyone a friend. A friend is more than someone who types your name in the computer. A friend is there when your brother dies. A friend helps with every kind of work that needs to be done. A friend remembers water on the hottest days. A friend helps to lead and inspire the kids in the program. A friend is someone who cares.

My friends are those who put their heart and soul into what we are doing with our program. I am lucky that I have several friends.

Most of all, I am very Lucky that I have Terry as a friend. (She is not posing for this picture. She normally looks this happy.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of us are very "Lucky" to have her as our FRIEND!

Anonymous said...

A Friend in Need is a Friend in Deed. Thanks Steve.

wendy said...

Terry puts heart and soul into everthing she does. From the simple things like smiling big at 6am, to the thankless jobs like shoveling manure at Corolla Days, and of course into riding the heck out of horses. But Steve has it right -she puts even more into being a friend.
I know in time she will see this job loss as a blessing in disguise for her and those equines awaiting!

Wendy

wendy said...

Why does everybody sign "anonymous"? How do we learn about each other and strenghthen our relationships if we can't connect the thought to the person?
Not mad..just perplexed by its overuse.

Wendy

Katelyn Kemp said...

Everyone could use a friend like Terry. :)