Labels

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Holland




These pictures were taken just a few minutes ago. He is the tallest and heaviest Shackleford that I have encountered. I mounted up last Thursday and on Friday Lydia loped him around beautifully. He seems to prefer a rope halter to a bit and I certainly do not mind that.

He is a gelding. I hope to use him to demonstrate the endurance, athleticism and comfort of the Banker Horses. I am considering various ways to make a big splash with him after we have him fully conditioned for heavy mileage.

I am considering riding the length of the Outer Banks with him wearing only a Speedo bathing suit. Of course, it may be difficult to find a Speedo that will fit him. If we are unable to do so, he will simply wear cut off jeans.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holland is one of the most comfortable Shacklefords I have ever been on! I'd be glad to demonstrate his endurance and athleticism for you!
-Lydia
P.S. I think cut off jeans would have a better effect:)

Anonymous said...

he sure is gorgeous... not as pretty as my girl Makoda DUHH.

Anonymous said...

Stunning shot,with the shadow...
ahhhh.