Labels

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

There is No "I" in Team, but There is a Great Big One in Sarah Lin



Sarah Lin is now seven and she began riding with me when she was five. She is the most confident, self assured little girl her age that I have ever seen.

Her mother sent me an e mail telling me that today was "team day" at Sarah Lin's school and each child was supposed to wear an article of clothing from their favorite sports team.

Had one been in her class this morning one would have seen her sitting there, no doubt amongst a crowd of Steelers, Redskins, and maybe a Yankee or two, wearing the uniform of her favorite sports team. She had on her blue jeans and her Mill Swamp Indian Horse shirt.

(The picture above is Sarah Lin astride Wanchese during some of his early training last summer.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And who's the "Cheese Head" here?
Too Cute !

Anonymous said...

wancheese looks so different in this pic