Labels

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Now Red Feather Used to be a Bad Horse



I am not going to go into all of Red Feather's history but suffice it to say that he is the reason that I cannot say that all Corollas are gentle and easily trained. He is the most athletic horse ever to enter a round pen with me. Also the most violent. He was removed from the wild because of his penchant for leaving the relative safety of the 4WD area and exploring into Virginia. He and I eventually worked out our differences and he has not badly injured me since December 22 of 2007.

I have a great deal of affection for him and he grudgingly reciprocates. His training has been a slow process filled with too many interruptions, but he will be ready for me to ride in the woods in a few weeks.

Saturday he was the first horse to walk over the new bridge. He did so well that we invited him on in to the living room at the Little House. He found it to be cozy but a bit over crowded. He hung around and socialized a bit and then discreetly slipped on back to the pasture.

Yes, he used to be a bad horse.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow ah, Horses never cease to amaze me no matter how many times I see them turn such a sharp corner.

Anonymous said...

I dont know how you could have fit him in there.. ; P