Labels

Monday, December 8, 2008

Going to the Principal's Office

Last week I wormed Cynthia Parker and Ghost Dance. I trimmed the feet of each. I know that that does not sound like much of an accomplishment, but Cynthia has taken to striking out with intensity and vigor that can be entirely unsettling for the person trying to worm her. Even Ghost Dance has taken to rearing and striking (though in a much more half-hearted effort) when I sought to worm her in the pasture.
Both started to give me trouble in the pasture last week. I took both of these mature mares in the round pen and worked them for about 15 minutes each. Neither offered the slightest resistance to worming or trimming.
They behaved entirely differently in the round pen. They were on their best behavior. Just like a bad girls waiting to see the Principal.

No comments: