Labels

Monday, November 24, 2008

Legacy


Among the first complete sentences that my grandson spoke was , "I want to wide a hoss." Here he is on Wind in His Hair, the Chincoteague patriarch of my first two seasons of breeding. Two weeks ago a slight illness kept him from going on his first ride in the woods with me. It will happen soon. I started riding at his age and, when just a few months older than he is here I rode my first pony, Tonka, in the local Christmas parade. I was three and Tonka was two.

2 comments:

The Stevensons said...

He almost looks too big for that saddle. He is certainly too boy for that saddle!

In about 5 years, Steve will have another batch of little riders. Emily, Makaile (sp??), Liam, and Aiden.

His current little riders will be great role models for them as they expand their already abundant amount of horse knowledge! I wouldn't choose a better group of people from which my son can learn.

Anonymous said...

Yep, my little brother Mikhail (three years old) has shown lots of enthusium towards horses. He has already had lots of experience breaking horses as he was the very first human to sit up on my wild corolla's back! It will be exciting when he can finally join me on the trails.